At the Chicago Spring Football Tournament we take the responsibility of officiating as an important one. This officiating page will serve as the portal by which all documents and information related to the tournament officiating is managed.
The CSYFL runs and manages their own CSYFL Referees Association that registers referees purely dedicated to the oversight of the CSYFL tournament officiating. A Supervisor of Officials has been appointed to manage each of the Regional Crew Chiefs across the state of Chicago, who in turn will oversee the referee crews in their specific regions.
CYSFL Supervisor of Officials
813 928 8441 John Walters Bio
The CSYFL Referees Association Management monitors the following:
- Referee registration process
- Referee selection and application process
- Referee training and testing process
- Post game analysis reports
- Ejection and Incident reports
- Referee Support lines
- Coaches Complaint management system
- Game Score management
The following criteria is required of all referees that are registered with the CSYFL and are participating in the CSYFL tournament.
- A minimum of three years documented experience officiating tackle football.
- Current active registration as an Chicago High School Athletic Association football official with a sanctioned association.
- Successful passing of a criminal background check.
- Submission of an application for membership.
- Active participation in all regional CSYFL training and on-line testing.
- Satisfactory grade on the CSYFL rules and mechanics examination.
- Ability to be available on Saturday’s with an understanding that moderate travel may be involved.
- Registration approval from the Supervisor of Officials and the area /regional supervisors
Referee Library Documentation
2010 National Federation of High School Rules Book
Referees Signal Cheat Sheet
Chain Crew Instructions
CSYFL Officiating Introduction Letter
CSYFL Officials Application Form
CSYFL Referees Game Score Card
CSYFL Field Design Matrix
CSYFL Rules Simplified Brochure
Kansas Tie-Breaker Rules
CSYFL Field Audit Guidelines